Barking Gecko Theatre Company is happy to announce their support of a unique opportunity for Perth theatre artists to develop a theatre show for an all-ages audience.
The package of support includes:
- $5,000 towards creative costs
- Project guidance from BGTC Artistic Director Matt Edgerton – an initial meeting to discuss the project’s ideas, structure and aims and discuss the mentorship process, and ongoing engagement as possible and required
- Up to 20 hours of funded mentorship for the development
- Up to 50 hours of in-kind rehearsal space at The Blue Room Theatre
What you need to know:
- You will be required to present a work in progress showing in the Studio at The Blue Room Theatre
- The showing will be on the afternoon of Saturday 4 August at a time TBC
- You will present at least 45 minutes of material as part of the showing
- The showing will be advertised to the general public and will be free
- It’s also expected that you will invite to the showing peers and community who you would like to get feedback from for future development or presentation
- The venue will have a limited festival-style technical set up
- TBRT can provide you with one basic light and sound state for the showing. If you want to do anything more complicated, you are welcome to bring in an operator to do so. A short technical call can also be arranged in that instance, but the overall needs of other projects will need to be considered.
- At the conclusion of your showing, there needs to be a chance for the audience to engage with the ideas and process of the work. This could be a Q&A or you are free to think of more inventive ways to do it
- Between the showing and the q&a the whole session should go for approximately one hour
- The agreement with TBRT will include check in points to advise us/BGTC about your progress along the way
- In-kind rehearsal space at TBRT is always subject to availability, so the project should book its time as far in advance as possible
- It will also require a survey by way of acquittal at the conclusion of the project similar to our regular post-production or event surveys
Applications will close 5pm WST, Monday 16 April and projects will be confirmed by May 1.
Please apply at the form HERE
Image Credit: Josephine! by Second Chance Theatre, Summer Nights 2018