Do you have a burning one-night idea?
In our one-week pilot edition, space is limited, but if you have a new collaboration, work or idea to test that can happen on one night, we invite your expression of interest to do it as part of Winter Nights.
The things to know are:
- The nights available to do something will be Tuesday 31 July – Saturday 4 August
- We can make the Studio space available for a performance or event up to 70 minutes in duration
- It should foreground engagement with theatre and performance practice and ideas
- The venue will have a limited festival-style technical set up and a short tech-time could be arranged prior to the event or performance; you will need to provide your own operator
- You will need to provide any additional equipment you may require
- Your event or presentation may have to share the space with another showing on the same night
- The space can be made available to you for free; you can charge admission to your event or performance and keep 90% of the net box office takings (i.e. 90% of the ticket price minus $1.50 ticketing fee)
With that all in mind, please let us know:
- What is the event or presentation?
- Who will deliver it and how?
- How will your presentation or event grow or diversify theatre audiences?
- What will you want the audience to ask themselves or talk about after they leave?
Please apply at the form HERE.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 16 April and projects will be confirmed by May 1.
Image Credit: Daniel James Grant. Is This Thing On? August – December Season 2016.