Summer Nights is The Blue Room Theatre’s curated program of theatre and performance, presented in the hustle and bustle of Perth’s Summer Festival Season.
Summer Nights is a whirlwind of new collaborations, social commentary theatrical playfulness and heartfelt stories. We aim to present a program featuring high-quality, diverse and contemporary live events that champions out local crop of WA talent alongside the best independent artists from around the world.
Applications for Summer Nights 2022 are now closed.
Key Application Dates for 2023 will be released later in 2022.
Projects that fit the following criteria are eligible to apply for a Summer Nights presentation. Please consider them carefully to assess the eligibility of your project. Note the below is a guide only and specific criteria may change for 2023 applications.
– Works between 45-70 minutes in duration
– Works led by, and featuring, WA based artists only (due to the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation)
– Theatre, dance or performance work suited to a black box theatre (Studio and Theatre applicants)
– Theatre, dance or performance work with a ‘stripped-back’ aesthetic, and/or ‘story-telling’ form (KAOS Room applicants)
– Independent productions by project-based producers, companies and artists rather than annually funded or commercial organisations
– Works by emerging and established professional artists with a range of backgrounds and experience
– Works with development opportunities – be it the work itself growing past Summer Nights, or professional development for the creatives involved
– Works that have obtained or sought rights (for existing scripts only)
– Become a member of The Blue Room Theatre if you are successful
– Can attend the compulsory production meetings, as detailed in the Application Info Pack
If you have any questions about The Blue Room Theatre’s Summer Program, please don’t hesitate to contact our Programming team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on (08) 9227 7005.